When you are considering selling and buying your home there are a few things to consider. HGTV's FrontDoor.com creates a good list to consider in their article "Buying and Selling Your House: 11 Resolutions for 2011" By Geoff Williams, published: 12/21/2010.
The list of list of 11 items (noted below) are all items you should think about if you are looking to buy or sell a home in the next 6-12 months.
- I will begin thinking about fixing up my house--now.
- I will clean out my house now.
- I will plan now to price my house as though we're living in 2011 and not 2007.
- Before I look to buy, I will seek pre-approval for my mortgage.
- Before I look to buy, I will clean up my credit score.
- I will number crunch and buy a house I can afford.
- I will think long term.
- I will interview more than one real estate agent.
- I will make this a business transaction and not an emotional decision.
- I will get a pre-inspection for my own house, before I sell it.
- I will think about moving and other logistics now.
Dwell360 is a residential real estate brokerage based in Newton and Boston. Our experienced real estate agents service the metro suburbs and cities in and around Boston. Real estate is an exciting process and with qualified assistance you will achieve your goals and enjoy the process.